Monday, June 3, 2013

Our Quilt is Finished! Hooray!!!

 Jess and I walked over to the barn down the road and asked if we could take a picture of our quilt. The owner was so nice, she not only let us shoot some pics but she brought out her chickens and rooster for Jess. The Barn and home were built in 1839 Holy Moly! We had tons of fun.


This Quilt took almost a year to make. The red block turned out ridiculously red (although this was the recommendation for the fabric). I followed it to a T. This quilt is symbolic of Minnesota for me. Lots of colors and patterns that I love and one big stupid bright red square I hate. Here is the symbolism:
There have been lots of things I really love about living here and a big bright yucky patch of WINTER that I honestly HATE. 6 months + of winter is more than I felt I could take. Needless to say we are looking for jobs elsewhere.  
 I machine quilted the whole thing. It was quite a chore but I really loved doing it. 
  I love the colors especially the (shocking right?) blues.
 Can we just live here on this land?  
 I saved all the little scraps and made fun mini quilt squares to add to the back from where I cut. This quilt is huge and now sits on my bed!  

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! You are so talented. I love you and that little girl too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably my most favorite post. You are a fun writer. You bring to life feelings in the words you choose. The pictures are so pretty with the barn and green grass around. Jess is cute in the pictures with her hair like that and the yellow shirt make me so happy. That one where she is wrapped up in the blanket is so sweet. I loved what you said about the red square! Will you enjoy the blanket without looking at the red square first all the time? You are deep and I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love your words and symbolism. You can move closer to me (if I had my way you would) :) . What an absolutely beautiful quilt and darling pictures. I even love the red. You should be so proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post!! It shows the real you. I love this quilt, and your story behind it with all the symbolism. And honestly, I like the red square. It adds character and when I look at it, it will remind me of you now. You do absolute amazing work!!!! I wish we lived close so we could do projects together. So if you want to find a house by us, I wouldn't complain. But if you buy that cute farm, I'll come visit... :)

    P.S. I LOVE the cute picture of Jess wrapped in the quilt. Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete